#WhyILikeTrenton 2021 Photo Contest Opens April 1
Trenton, NJ — Trenton Health Team today announced the #WhyILikeTrenton 2021 photo contest inviting amateur photographers to share original photos showcasing our community via Instagram throughout the month of April.
“Every year, the #WhyILikeTrenton contest attracts great photos, showcases new talent and celebrates Trenton’s resilience and strong community,” said THT Executive Director Gregory Paulson. “We are proud to be part of this City and pleased to highlight local assets and talent.”
To enter the contest, follow THT and tag @trentonhealth when you post original photos taken in Trenton on Instagram with #WhyILikeTrenton. Contest begins April 1 and ends at 11:59 pm April 30, 2021. Winners announced and prizes awarded in early May.
To encourage participation, THT partnered with Trenton photographer Habiyb Shu’Aib on a Street Photography Tutorial video, explaining photography basics and what makes an interesting photo.
“We met Habiyb when he won the first #WhyILikeTrenton contest in 2019,” Paulson noted. “He is well known for his keen eye and engaging photos. We cheer his ongoing success and are happy to partner with him to encourage others to share their perpsectives.”
THT will announce four winners, including “most likes,” and first, second and third place winners selected by our panel of judges including photographer Habiby Shu’Aib @beloved1_, CEO of Fan Favorite Club and former pro basketball player La’Keisha Sutton @fanfavorite11, and mural/graffiti artists Leon Rainbow @aerosoleon.
Participants must ensure they are following all current CDC, Federal, and State guidelines regarding social distancing and other public health measures taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. Entries suggesting these guidelines were not followed may be disqualified in THT’s sole discretion. We want to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy!
Entries must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on April 30, 2021.
- Follow Trenton Health Team on Instagram @trentonhealth
- Post an ORIGINAL photo illustrating Trenton’s resilience and caring community with #WhyILikeTrenton and tag @trentonhealth
- Geotag the location and write a caption telling us about your photo
- Tag your friends so they can “like” your photo
- Post as many photos as you like during the contest
- Photos must be taken at locations within the City of Trenton, New Jersey, in public places or other places to which the photographer has permission to access and photograph.
- Participants agree to allow THT to display photos on a webpage related to the contest, exhibit photos at a free gallery event in the city and possibly print in an exhibit brochure
- Note: This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or any other social media used throughout the contest.
THT will announce four winners, including “most likes,” and first, second and third place winners selected by our panel of judges.
“Most likes” and “First prize” winners will receive a $100 gift card to Shop Rite, Walmart, or Amazon per the winner’s choice and also may select a Trenton-based nonprofit, school, or faith-based organization to receive an additional $100 donation from THT.
Prizes also will be awarded for Second Place ($75) and Third Place ($50).
If the winner is a minor, then a parent/guardian will receive the prize on the minor’s behalf.
- Winners will be announced in May 2021 via Instagram and press releases on THT’s website and other communications channels
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram to arrange a time to claim prizes.
- Winning photos may be displayed at THT offices, One West State Street, local galleries and in print and digital publications
- In the event of a tie, THT will select the winners from among the tied entries. THT reserves the right to select/approve winners and/or disqualify photos in its sole discretion.
More Important Contest Rules:
- Participants must ensure they are following all current CDC, Federal, and State guidelines regarding social distancing and other public health measures taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. Entries suggesting these guidelines were not followed may be disqualified in THT’s sole discretion. We want to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy!
- The Contest Period runs from April 1-30, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. THT reserves the right to revise the Contest Period at any time without prior notification. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- Contest is open to amateur photographers age 13+
- THT reserves the right to disqualify any photos deemed obscene, offensive, or otherwise non-responsive to the program in any way, or otherwise change or update contest rules without advance notice, in its sole discretion.
- Employees and family members of THT staff may participate in the contest but are not eligible to win a prize.
- If people are featured in a photograph, the photographer must have permission of all featured persons to take the photo and submit it to the contest. Photographer may be requested to provide contact information to THT in order to verify this permission was obtained from all participants.
- By entering, participants grant THT permission to share photos on a webpage related to the contest, exhibit photos at a free gallery event in the city and possibly print in an exhibit brochure