2023 #WhyILikeTrenton Photo Contest
#WhyILikeTrenton 2023 Photo Contest
Download Contest Rules Here.
Trenton Health Team’s #WhyILikeTrenton social media photography contest is a space to highlight the talented creative community in Trenton. Amateur photographers can cultivate Trenton pride by sharing visual snapshots of Trenton’s architecture, people, and culture. Using the hashtag #WhyILikeTrenton on Instagram and Facebook, we invite participants to enter our contest to share the wonders of Trenton. The contest begins June 1 and ends June 30, and winners will be announced by July 31.
The picture with the most likes will receive a $100 prize. From the judge’s picks, the first place winner will receive a $100 prize, second place will receive a $50 prize, and third place will receive a $25 prize in the form of a gift card.
*First-place winner may also select a Trenton-based nonprofit, school, or faith-based organization to receive an additional $100 donation from THT.
*If the winner is a minor, then a parent/guardian will receive the prize on the minor’s behalf.
You can win one of two ways:
- Most Likes: One prize will be awarded for the photo receiving the most Instagram/ Facebook “likes.”
- Judge’s Picks: Three prizes will be awarded to a favorite photo chosen by each of three local judges (each Judge will select one).
- Leon Rainbow – https://www.leonrainbow.com
- Craig Shofed – https://www.artworkstrenton.org
- Bradd M. Jackson – https://www.trentonhealthteam.org
- Follow Trenton Health Team on Instagram (@trentonhealth) and Facebook (@TrentonHealth)
- Post an ORIGINAL photo illustrating why you like Trenton with #WhyILikeTrenton and tag @trentonhealth (one photo per post)
- Geotag the location and write a caption telling us “I like Trenton because…”
- Tag your friends so they can “like” your photo
- You can post as many photos as you like during the contest. One photo per post. One prize per person.
- Photos must be taken at locations within the City of Trenton, New Jersey, in public places or other places to which the photographer has permission to access and photograph.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on June 30, 2023
Other Rules and Considerations
- The contest period runs from June 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. THT reserves the right to revise the Contest Period at any time without prior notification. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- Contest is open to participants age 13+ and includes both professional and amateur photographers.
- THT reserves the right to disqualify any photos deemed obscene, offensive, or otherwise non-responsive to the program in any way, or otherwise change or update contest rules without advance notice, in its sole discretion.
- Employees and family members of THT staff may participate in the contest but are not eligible to win a prize.
- If people are featured in the photograph, then the photographer must have the permission of all featured persons to take the photo and submit it to the contest. Photographer may be requested to provide contact information to THT in order to verify that this permission was obtained from all participants.
- By entering, participants grant permission to THT to use their photograph in online and print media.
- Winners will be announced by July 31 via Instagram and press releases on THT’s website and other communications channels.
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram to arrange a time to come to the THT offices at 1 West State Street, 4th Floor, Trenton, NJ to claim prizes.
- Winners will be featured in a press release to local media and on THT’s website
- Winning photos will be displayed at THT offices, One West State Street, and select organization and businesses in Trenton in print and on viral platforms
- In the event of a tie, THT will select the winners from among the tied entries. THT reserves the right to select/approve winners and/or disqualify photos in its sole discretion.
NOTE: This content is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media used throughout the contest.