A signature accomplishment has been our launch of the Trenton Health Information Exchange (HIE) in January of 2014. Created and operated in partnership with CareEvolution, an industry-leading Michigan-based health information technology company, it provides health practitioners access to integrated and holistic patient records in real-time to support treatment decisions and strategies.
The HIE also plays a vital role in advancing efforts to improve our community’s health, allowing the creation of integrated reports and protocols that are designed to identify issues, trends, and particular health needs or disease conditions where interventions are warranted.
The HIE has grown quickly as providers and data partners learn the value of this real-time informational resource. Today more than 600 clinical users can access millions of records for more than 250,000 patients. The reporting functions of the HIE are being continuously enhanced to include analytics at both the macro (population) and micro (individual, disease category, age group, or other subset) levels.
The Trenton HIE is one of six HIEs in New Jersey, and our connection with the Camden HIE represents the first full integration of two of NJ’s Health Information Exchange systems.
Trenton HIE Participating Institutions
- BioReference Laboratories
- Camden Health Information Exchange (bilateral connection – current participants of the Camden HIE can be viewed here)
- Capital Health Hamilton
- Capital Health Hopewell
- Capital Health Regional Medical Center
- City of Trenton Clinics
- Henry J. Austin Health Center
- Holy Redeemer – Mercer County Visiting Nurse Association
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Quest Diagnostics
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – Hamilton
- St. Francis Medical Center
- St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center
- Trenton Health Team – Care Management Team