NowPow is an online tool that helps caregivers address economic and social conditions affecting an individual’s health and well-being.
NowPow users can log-in to the community resource directory and referral platform to see what local agencies can best meet a client’s needs, immediately refer the client for assistance, and then follow-up on results.
Integrating NowPow with our Trenton Health Information Exchange (HIE) enables users to make referrals based on a client’s health and social needs, and helps other members of a patient’s care team see the full picture of what is needed, and what referrals have been made.
Learn more about our NowPow users and services they provide in our monthly Spotlight newsletters. For more information, please contact Jessica Burnett.
NowPow helps professional caregivers:
- Assess clients’ social needs using a brief but comprehensive questionnaire developed locally and shared by agencies throughout the city
- Find health and social services in your clients’ community to support their needs from a list of resource agencies. Services and contact information is reliable, verified at least twice a year by NowPow.
- Share appointment and referral information directly with clients via print, text and email in multiple languages to encourage clients to obtain assistance. Languages include English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Korean, Polish, and Somali.
- Close the loop on referrals with partners via a secure two-way messaging platform that reduces call and email traffic.
- Understand your impact with a high-quality referral analytics dashboard displaying caseload information updated in real-time, and useful for grant writing and annual reports