NowPow is an online tool that helps caregivers address economic and social conditions affecting an individual’s health and well-being.
NowPow users can log-in to the community resource directory and referral platform to see what local agencies can best meet a client’s needs, immediately refer the client for assistance, and then follow-up on results.
Integrating NowPow with our Trenton Health Information Exchange (HIE) enables users to make referrals based on a client’s health and social needs, and helps other members of a patient’s care team see the full picture of what is needed, and what referrals have been made.
Users also benefit from free skill-building sessions hosted by THT staff. Read our new blog about NowPow.
NowPow helps professional caregivers:
- Assess clients’ social needs using a brief but comprehensive questionnaire developed locally and shared by agencies throughout the city
- Find health and social services in your clients’ community to support their needs from a list of resource agencies. Services and contact information is reliable, verified at least twice a year by NowPow.
- Share appointment and referral information directly with clients via print, text and email in multiple languages to encourage clients to obtain assistance. Languages include English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Korean, Polish, and Somali.
- Close the loop on referrals with partners via a secure two-way messaging platform that reduces call and email traffic.
- Understand your impact with a high-quality referral analytics dashboard displaying caseload information updated in real-time, and useful for grant writing and annual reports
Participating Organizations (October 2020)
- Addiction Treatment and Recovery Services
- Arm in Arm
- Capital Health System
- Catholic Charities
- Catholic Charities Referral Access Center
- Central Jersey Family Health Consortium
- Children’s Futures
- Children’s Home Society
- Christina Seix Academy
- City of Trenton
- Council on Compulsive Gambling (1-800-Gambler)
- CYO of Mercer County
- East Trenton Collaborative
- Galilee Baptist Church
- Grant Chapel AME Church
- Hamilton Grove Healthcare
- Help Self CDC Inc. (Chosen Generation)
- Helping Arms
- Henry J. Austin Health Center
- Holy Redeemer
- Homefront Resource Network
- Isles, Inc.
- Latin American Legal Defense & Action Fund (LALDEF)
- LIFE St. Francis
- Meals on Wheels
- Medina Community Clinic
- Mending Hearts Family Counseling
- Mercer County Human Services Office of Aging
- Mercer Home Health Care
- Mercer Street Friends
- Mt. Carmel Guild
- Rescue Mission of Trenton
- Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Snipes Farm and Education Center
- St. Francis Medical Center
- TCNJ-Connect Trenton, Ninth Grade Academy
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
- Trenton Board of Education
- Trenton Healthcare Clinic
- Trenton Housing Authority
- Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
- YWCA of Princeton Breast Cancer Resource Center
Learn more about our NowPow users and services they provide in our Spotlight newsletters. For more information, please contact Jessica Burnett.