- This event has passed.
Webinar: Exploring Housing as a Lever of Health
December 13, 2018 @ 11:00 amFree
On Thursday, December 13 at 11:00 a.m. ET, join the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Leadership for Better Health and Research, Evaluation, and Learning programs for a webinar exploring housing as a lever for better health. Presenters include:
• Adrianne Todman, CEO of the National Organization of Housing and Redevelopment Officials, will moderate a panel of program participants, including:
• Steve Barlow, JD, MA, who, along with his teammates in the Interdisciplinary Research Leaders program, is exploring how housing code enforcement interventions in Memphis, TN can prevent decay of urban areas and keep communities safe and healthy;
• Omolara Thomas Uwemedimo, MD, MPH, who, along with her teammates in the Clinical Scholars program, is collaborating with a health system in New York City to incorporate housing into patients’ regular health screenings;
• Bruce Tonn, PhD, who, through the Evidence for Action program, has evaluated how low-income housing units weatherized with “Extreme Energy Makeovers” in Knoxville, TN have saved energy, reduced environmental impact and improved the health of residents; and
• Ricardo Basurto-Dávila, PhD, MSc, who, through the Systems for Action program, is studying how providing permanent supportive housing affects the health of people who had been previously homeless.