- This event has passed.
Building a Culture of Health in New Jersey: Thriving Communities Transform Lives
November 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$85
Building a Culture of Health in New Jersey is about improving health, equity and well-being for all residents. Each community defines a culture of health differently and many prospects for good health are limited by where we live, how much money we make, or discrimination we face. To achieve health equity, we need to meet communities where they are and address unique barriers so that physical and mental health is a part of everything we do.
This year’s conference, “Thriving Communities Transform Lives,” will focus on:
- Working together to develop scalable solutions and take targeted action to transform our communities
- Addressing health equity, community-specific barriers, and shifting values toward health
- Creating strong social connections in schools, early care, and homes
- Identifying Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and trauma experiences
- Sharing diverse examples of health transformation
- Examining communities that are seeing successful outcomes using innovative evaluation methods
- Advancing policies that support collaborations and partnerships
- Strengthening community-based healthcare through youth-led programs
- Ensuring that neighborhood infrastructures create healthy, equitable communities that support an active lifestyle